Search More Animals

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Scooter Blenny


Beauty Of Animal | Scooter Blenny | So hubby comes home from the LFS the other day with a Scooter Blenny. It is the cutest thing I've ever seen, hopping around the tank all day eating pods, climbing up and down the rock eating pods, ALL DAY EATING PODS. I did some research on them (which obviously he DID NOT) and it seems that they are a member of the dragonette family and it is very hard to get them to eat prepared foods. I always watch him during feeding time and he completely ignores anything I put in there, just continues to hop along eating the pods. I am very worried that he will deplete the pod population and slowly starve. We have a small refugium set up in our sump with about 3-4" of LS, and maybe 5 lbs. of LR. We will be adding some more cured LR by this weekend.
 
What are the chances that we can get a good enough pod population going to support this little guy? I'm also wondering if there are any tricks to getting them to eat prepared foods. My hubby and I really like him alot, and want to keep him, but I certainly don't want him to starve to death. I know most of you will probably say to take him back, but I am wondering if there is anything I can do to assure that he has a long life with a belly pumped full of food in our tank. For those who don't know, I have a 55 gal with a 20 gal sump (fuge in center). My tank has only been up since early March.
Find Here The Kinds Of Animals and Flora and Fauna